2017 is my fifth year documenting our life with Project Life®*. I already have six filled albums (in 2013 and 2014 I had two albums per year) and I always love to look back. A few days ago my boyfriend asked me how long I plan to do Project Life®. And to be honest, I don't know. Maybe three years, maybe five or ten years. No one knows. I just do it as long as I like to document our life in this way.
The plan for 2017 isn't different from what I did last year (although the actual plan for 2016 was different). I keep two albums in 2017 again:
Main Project Life® album
In this album I tell the story of our everday life. People we meet, stuff we do, things that are important to both of us.
- Album: black 12x12 album from Stampin'Up
- Page protectors: Design A + one 12x12 envelope for the back
- Format: monthly spreads (read more about my experience with monthly spreads here)
Personal Project Life® album
In this album I tell my own story. It's an album about my projects, books I read, important text messages/e-mails I get, what I eat and drink, basically stuff I share on my Instagram account.
- Album: gray 6x8 album from Studio Calico
- Page protectors: I will use all five different styles that are available
- Format: monthly spreads but the focus is on the projects itself. I will combine the same/similar stuff that happens throughout the month.
Like in the past two years I also keep a Stories Notebook where I write down what happens during the month. I need that because I only work once a month on my album and would otherwise forget a few things that happened.
*Project Life® is a system to document your life, created by Becky Higgins.