My One Little Word* for 2016 is LIGHT. I picked the word a few weeks ago and am super excited to start my journey with it. This year will be my third year joining the online class. Like the past two years I will document it again in a 5x7 minibook (I have something fun planned for the cover of the album this year - stay tuned).
So, why did I pick this word? There is always so much going on in my life. I have this feeling, I always have to make so much in my days. There are always plans of what I want to accomplish or need to do. And sometimes it's just too much. This year I want to focus on feeling light. On being okay with less. Less stuff, less time online, less crappy food, less expectations. I want to search for fun things in my life that make me happy. I want to feel light and carefree.
There are many things I can do to feel lighter:
- getting rid of stuff I don't love and use anymore (especially in my closet and craft room)
- finally use all the crafty stuff I keep hoarding for several years now
- start using all the wool and fabric I have in boxes (inspired by the stash less blog series)
- cleaning my computer and getting rid of digital clutter
- being less online and embrace the time offline
- better eating (more vegetables, less sweets) and working out more (one of my goals for 2016 is to work out 100 times - more about this on Thursday)
- investing time and energy into my relationship, spending more time with my boyfriend
- saying NO more often
- spending less money on things I don't really need
- creating a meaningful morning routine where I have enough time
These are just a few examples of where I hope this journey will lead me. I don't know yet, what exactly will be my action items or what will be my main focus. But I'm excited to learn all of that in the following months while working on the prompts from the class.
*One Little Word® is a concept created by Ali Edwards where you pick a word at the beginning of the year. You work with your word on a year long journey. You can find out more about and sign up for the class here.
That heart talisman in the photo is from soulmantras.com. It's one of the ways I make my word visible. The "one little word" word art in the photo came with last years class content.