Next year will be my fourth year doing Project Life. In the past couple of weeks I was thinking about how I want to tackle this project in 2016. In 2013 and 2014 I used two albums per year and filled one double spread (two 12x12 page protectors) per week. This year I decided to focus on a monthly/theme based documenting and only used (and still use) one album for the whole year. Next year I want to make it a little bit different again. I really like Nicole's approach this year where she uses one 12x12 page per week . That's exactly what I want to do next year. One page per week with four to five photos and three to four filler or journaling cards.
WHAT WILL BE DIFFERENT:
- no more monthly spreads - I will focus on one week per page
- back to Design A - although there are some other fun page protectors, in the end, I really love Design A. I will only include other designs for inserts.
- no more stories notebook. I will still work on my spreads once a month, but make my plan, what I want to add to the album every Sunday.
- In addition to my main Project Life album I also want to make another one, where the focus is on me, the projects I'm working on, what I'm drinking, what I'm reading or which podcasts I'm listening to. Basically it's a project "my" life like Kellie Winnell does it. I'm not quite sure yet how I want to approach this, how many times I'm working on it and what size I'm using. All I know is that I want to create some sort of collection of the stuff I'm working on throughout the year. It's something similiar to the details minibook I worked on this year.
WHAT WILL STAY THE SAME
- only one album for the whole year
- adding the words before printing the photos. Although it takes a little bit longer to prepare the photos before printing, I really like that I can add more words to a photo when I write them with a smaller font vs. my handwriting.
- I will still share my pages once a month on the blog.
- printing my photos at home again. One of the big investements I want to make in 2016 is getting an A3 printer.
So, let me know what your plans for 2016 are.