This December it's the fourth time I'll be making a December Daily®*. The first year I made my own 4x6 minibook, in 2013 I used the Kit from Ali Edwards which was sold through studiocalico.com and last year I used again Ali Edwards kit. This time it was sold through her own shop and that kit is still available. Last year's kit was a favorite. Especially those big gold alphas and numbers.
For 2015 you can not only buy one main kit from Ali Edwards but also several mini kits and additional supplies. What I love most, is that you can buy albums and stamp sets separately. Because I still have so much stuff from the past two kits and also other Christmas-related stuff, I decided to save the money and not buy this year's kit. I bought the white 6x8 album and two stamp sets. The rest comes from my stash.
Inspired by my first kit from my stash I put together back in April I decided to make a kit again for my December Daily. To work from a kit vs. the whole stuff I have is a lot easier and it also helps you creating pages that work well together because you decided on your colors and patterns beforehand. For my kit I choose the colors gold and silver, black/white, red, green, gray and beige.
Here you can see everything I picked for my kit:
- patterned paper which I cut down from 12x12 to 6x8 and 4x6
- leftover 6x8, 4x6 and 3x4 cards from the past two December Daily Kits
- a few 4x6 and 3x4 cards from past story kits, past studiocalico Project Life kits and a cool cheers card from Jamaica Makes
- 12x12 black/white numbers paper from heidi swapp. I plan to punch out the days.
- printables (more about my favorites below)
- holiday circles by Ali Edwards
- icon by Ali Edwards
- stamp set from the 2014 December Daily Kit
- stamp set from the 2013 December Daily Kit
- magic stamp set from the story kit "magic"
- My Mind's Eye - Lush - Red Flocked Chipboard Alphabet Sticker (which I bought several years ago)
- gold Alphabet stickers from the 2013 December Daily Kit
- white alpha stickers from past Story Kits
- red alpha stickers from SNAP
- label stickers from Ali Edwards
- gold and silver puffy stickers from twine+ink (Studio Calico)
- color theory (Studio Calico) enamel dots
- washi tape
- stars in all variations (wooden, thick plastic, silver brads)
- silver sequins
- wooden numbers from the 2014 December Daily Kit
- gold numbers/alphas from the 2014 December Daily Kit
- phrases strips from past story kits
- silver and gold labels from past Studio Calico Kits
- HoHoHo wooden embellishment from the 2013 December Daily Kit
- December Daily 2014 overlays. I used them last year and really love them. For this year I just have to edit the day of the week and can use them again. There is also a new set available for this year.
- This Day in December 3x4 journal cards from Paislee Press
- "December You are my fave" papers and journal cards from Paislee Press
- Making A List free printable from A Pair Of Pears
And that's it. I'm super excited about my kit and can't wait to work on my December Daily.
If you are interested, you can view my 2014 album here.