I can eat salad on a daily basis. And with salad I don't mean just the green stuff and done. With salad I mean a lot of different ingredients that take an easy salad to a whole new level. A big bowl of salad with some delicious (homemade) bread always makes me happy. Today I share how I make my favorite salad.
What you need for a bowl of salad (serves two)
- 3 handfuls salad
- 4 handfuls corn (or a small can)
- 2 handfuls chickpeas
- 2 handfuls beans
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 6 mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked Quinoa
- (optional: 1/2 onion)
- 3 T olive oil
- 1.5 T vinegar
- 1 T mustard
- 1 t cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 handful of roasted seeds like sunflower seeds, sesame seeds,...
Combine the olive oil, vinegar, mustard and cream with a wire wip in a small bowl.
Season it with salt and pepper.
- Wash the salad and chop it into small pieces.
- Cut the cucumber in halves
- Cut the tomatoes in halves
- Slice the mushrooms
- Put all ingredients (salad, cucumber, tomatoes, mushrooms, corn, chickpeas, beans and quinoa) into a big bolw. Add the dressing and blend it together.
- Serve with some roasted seeds on top and some bread